All riders must be 8 years or older but for little riders aged 7 or under, 1/2 hour Pony Walks are available.
Group Lessons for 8 years old and up include 50 minutes of instruction. 10 rider maximum per class by reservation only. Classes are available Monday through Thursday after school and all-day Saturday.
Group Lessons Under 8’s for 6 and 7 years old include 1hr long (30 min horsemanship/30 min ride)
For under 8 Children’s Western
Little Wranglers 6 – 7 years old
Tuesdays- 3pm – Book Now
4 weeks: $302.00
English Group Lessons
Private Lessons are 30 minutes in length and are offered every day.
- Private Lessons (1 person): $86
Semi-Private Lessons are 30 minutes in length and are offered every day.
- Semi-Private Lessons (2 people): $160
Call to book your lesson: 408-867-9527
HORSE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Horse Management Program
- For the young teenager that wants to learn everything about horses.
- For someone that wants to become an accomplished horseback rider.
- Will require up to 4 to 6 hours per week for training sessions which includes lessons, free riding grooming, saddling and cleaning.
- Students must be at least 13 and have completed 7th grade.
- Each student is required to attend his or her chosen ETS each week.
- Students are expected to wear boots, jeans and their Trainee T-shirt with the Garrod Farms logo to every Equine Training Session (ETS).
- All students under the age of eighteen must be picked up within fifteen minutes after being dismissed.
- The monthly fees are $35.00.
- Fees are due and payable the first Friday of each month.
- Failure to pay the fees on a timely basis will result in dismissal.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the Horse Management Program.
- Payment must be made before or at beginning of the new series
- When you have joined a group lesson, it’s your spot. To keep your spot secure, you must pre-pay for each lesson package.
- In a series of 4 lessons, there are no make-ups. The 4 lessons must be taken in 4 consecutive weeks.
- In a series of 8 lessons, we allow 1 absence. You have 9 weeks to complete 8 lessons.
- Students will be informed when they owe for more lessons. Children don’t always remember to tell their parents, so it is the parent’s responsibility to check-in at the office from time to time.
Private and Semi-Private Lessons
- Pay at time of booking
- Cancellation will be accepted with 24 hours notice
- Accepted cancellation will be credited to the next booked lesson
If you are here to watch a lesson rather than participate, please be mindful to stay out of the Yard (where mounting and dismounting happens) and keep the path of the horses going to and from the Main Arena clear.
While we love animals here, we prefer dogs be left at home. Not all horses are comfortable with dogs – and as a riding stable, our priority when it comes to animals is our horses! And of course, happy horses lead to happy and safe horseback riders! With this in mind, if you must bring your dog, please note: any dog who visits must be on a leash and must be well behaved: no aggression, no barking (as even happy barking can startle horses), and no visiting horses. Owners of poorly behaved dogs will be asked to take their dogs home. Dog owners are liable for any incident involving their dogs. If you have any concerns over how your dog will behave around horses, people, or other animals, please leave your pup at home. Thank you!