Please note: for large groups of 7 or more people, please call 408-867-7116 at least one week in advance to make your reservation.
The Red and White Flight
2021 Viognier, 2020 Chardonnay, 2015 P-47 Thunderbolt (60% Syrah, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon), 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon. $22
The Red Wine Flight
2019 Pinot Noir, 2016 F104 Starfighter (92% Syrah, 8% Viognier), 2018 Syrah, 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon. $22
The Fancy Flight
2019 Pinot Noir, 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon, 1999 Cabernet Sauvignon, George’s Vineyard, 1996 Cabernet Sauvignon, Lone Oak Vineyard. A real treat to try these library wines! $35
The Wine Club Flight
2020 Viognier, 2019 Pinot Noir, 2016 F-7U Cutlass (50% Cabernet Franc, 50% Syrah), 1996 Cabernet Sauvignon. This flight is available to Wine Club members and their guests.
One tasting fee will be waived with the purchase of two bottles, or by joining our Wine Club!
Wine Club Members receive a complimentary tasting or complimentary glass of wine for themselves and up to 3 guests.
To learn more about what guests can expect when visiting our Garden Patio, please read our Guest Guidelines!
- We offer seated Wine Tasting, Wine by the Glass, and Wine by the Bottle as well as Small Bites.
- All of our service is outside on our Garden Patio. We do have lots of shade!
- Outside food is not allowed. If you’d like to enjoy food with your wine, we do have “Small Bites” available, à la carte: cheeses, crackers, olives, nuts, charcuterie and chocolate!
- Larger groups of 7 or more are only allowed with permission from the Tasting Room Manager, and are dependent on staffing and availability. Please call at least 1 week in advance to ask about a large group: 408-867-7116, option 1.
- Children are welcome but must remain seated at the table. Unfortunately we do not have high chairs. Only those over 21 may enjoy the wine.
- Reservations ensure a 90 minute use of the table, which is plenty of time for a lovely wine tasting experience!
- Guests more than 30 minutes late to a reservation forfeit their table.
- Our last seating is at 4:00 PM; and we stop serving at 4:30 PM. This ensures that guests are safe to drive home at 5 PM!
- We utilize QR codes located at the table instead of paper menus; guests can use these codes to find our online menu with their smart phone.
- Well-behaved dogs on leash are welcome. As we are primarily an equestrian center, we love animals! But since horses live here, we must prioritize their well-being first and foremost. SO — dog owners, please note: horses in nearby barns are visible from our Garden Patio, so for us, dogs MUST be well-behaved, which means: no aggression, no accidents, no barking, and no visiting with horses. These are very important: even a little happy barking can startle a horse and potentially cause injury to horse and rider! If you have ANY concerns with how your pup might behave around horses, other dogs, or people: PLEASE, leave the dog at home! Poorly behaved dogs will be asked to leave; and generally jeopardize our ability to welcome dogs at all. Thanks so much for your help on this in advance.
- And — while we know people love seeing the horses here! — please, at the request of horse owners, do not visit with, pet, or feed horses. Looking at them from our Garden Patio is fine, however!